Dr. Paul Thigpen, a member of The Coming Home Network, joins Marcus Grodi this week to discuss 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17. Paul was a pastor in a tradition that believed in the End Time scenario of the Rapture. Many read this passage to say that Christ will come back before the end of time and take all believers to Himself. Paul discovered that this reading of the passage is very modern and diverges widely from how Christians historically understood it.
- Manual of Spiritual Warfare and Saints Who Battled Satan by Paul Thigpen
- Dr. Paul Thigpen’s Amazon author page
- Dr. Thigpen’s The Journey Home episodes: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, Paul & Leisa Thigpen
- Dr. Thigpen’s Deep in Scripture episodes: The Rapture, Bread of Life Discourse, “Master are you going to wash my feet?”, Romans 8
- Dr. Thigpen’s written conversion story, His Open Arms Welcomed Me
- Dr. Thigpen’s Deep in History Conference talks: “Luther”; “Martyrs”; “Southeastern Missions”; “From Topeka to Rome:How the Pentecostal Movement Has Brought Millions Closer to the Catholic Faith”; “Spiritual Authority — Who Needs It?”; “Tales of Thomas, Judas, & the Magdalene: The Fourfold Gospel & the False Gospels”; “You Have Received Gold, So Pass It On: Sacred Tradition in the Life of the Early Church”