Marcus welcomes noted Catholic apologist Mark Shea. Mark was raised in a rather pagan or agnostic home and came to know Christ as an Evangelical later in life. After realizing that he, as an Evangelical, relied on the authority of tradition, just as much as Catholics did, he began researching more about Church history and Catholic teaching. Eventually, he joined the Catholic Church. Marcus and Mark focus on the reason why Divine Revelation necessitates an authoritative Tradition. Why are some books in the Bible and others aren’t?
Scripture verse: 2 Thessalonians 2:15
- A Guide to the Passion: 100 Questions about The Passion of the Christ co-authored by Mark Shea
- Mark Shea’s website and blog
- Mark Shea’s radio programs: Connecting the Dots (click here for podcasts) and Catholic and Loving It!
- Visit Mark Shea’s website to purchase copies of his various apologetics books, such as By What Authority?: An Evangelical Discovers Catholic Tradition, Making Senses Out of Scripture: Reading the Bible as the First Christians Did, This is My Body: An Evangelical Discovers the Real Presence, The Da Vinci Deception, and Mary, Mother of the Son.
- “By What Authority? An Evangelical Discovers Sacred Tradition” 2011 Deep in History conference talk by Mark Shea
- Mark Shea’s The Journey Home episodes one | two | three | four
- “What is the Relationship Between Scripture and Tradition?” article by Mark Shea