Marcus welcomes good friend Dr. Thomas Howard, former Evangelical fundamentalist and, later, Episcopalian. Dr. Howard became Catholic at the age of 50. Marcus and Dr. Howard enjoy discussing poetry and language before diving into the Old Testament poetry in Habakkuk.
Scripture verse: Habakkuk 3:16
- Evangelical Is Not Enough by Thomas Howard
- Lead, Kindly Light by Thomas Howard
- On Being Catholic by Thomas Howard
- Dove Descending: A Journey Into T. S. Eliot’s Four Quartets by Thomas Howard
- More of Dr. Thomas Howard’s books and various interviews can be found at his Ignatius Press author’s page.
- Dr. Howard’s conversion story
- Dr. Howard’s Deep in Scripture episode
- Dr. Howard on EWTN’s The Journey Home Primary episode | Open Line Q&A episode | Dr. Thomas & Lovelace Howard’s episode
- Reflections on the Psalms by C.S. Lewis
- St. John of the Cross’ collected works