Marcus welcomes long-time friend Dr. Scott Hahn. Marcus and Scott went to Protestant seminary together, and Marcus was surprised to find out that the once anti-Catholic Scott, had become Catholic! This realization spurred Marcus along on his own journey to the Catholic Church.
In this episode, Dr. Hahn chooses the “Great Christ Hymn” of St. Paul, to help listeners better understand who St. Paul is. He describes Saul’s offense at the Christians, prior to his conversion, then the way his life is transformed once Christ appears to St. Paul and calls him as an Apostle.
Marcus and Dr. Hahn also discuss the following topics:
- Jesus’ equality with God, obedience
- What it means to love other people a God loves us
- How this verse has led to heresies in the past
- What did Calvary mean to the Jews?
- How did the Last Supper transform our understanding of Christ’s sacrifice on Calvary?
- “At the name of Jesus every knee shall bend”