CHNetwork Retreat in Houston, Texas
About this Retreat
Coming Home Network Retreats are opportunities to meet (or catch up with) the CHNetwork staff and other members of the network for a time of discussion, prayer, and worship. Intended for both converts and those on the journey to Catholicism, whether lay or clergy, the goal is to promote Christian fellowship among the attendees, assist in discernment for those who are facing tough questions or decisions, and to encourage all in an ever greater walk with Christ.
The retreats are limited to 25-40 registered members of the Coming Home Network who are either converts (or reverts) to Catholicism OR who are non-Catholics thinking about joining the Catholic Church. (Due to a limited number of spaces we will prioritize the registrations of clergy and laity with whom we have been in contact and who are at difficult stages of their journey.)
Schedule and Activities
Every retreat varies slightly according to the location, size of the group, and which staff members are able to attend. However, here is an overview of some of the retreat schedule and highlights:
- Each day begins with Mass and ends with Evening Prayer.
- Forming the structure of the retreat are 6 topical sessions on aspects and stages of the journey deeper into Christ and His Church. Each session begins with a scripture reflection and proceeds into a guided discussion with opportunities for participants to share aspects of their conversion stories and for questions to be asked and answered.
- There are also opportunities to learn about and participate in the Rosary and other types of Catholic prayer.
- Ample opportunities for fellowship with other converts/journeyers during breaks, meal times, and a nightly social hour with snacks and beverages.
- Time for prayer, rest, and networking