What Does “Indwelling” Mean? — Calvinism, Prayer, and John 14:23
Featuring Dr. David Anders/
January 7, 2016
What does “indwelling” mean? What is friendship with God? How does “friendship” help us to know God?
Marcus Grodi welcomes former Calvinist Dr. David Anders to this episode of Deep in Scripture. Dr. Anders chooses a verse that was “hard” for him as a Calvinist. The pair focus discussion on their Calvinist backgrounds, particularly David’s Puritan history.
Scripture verse: John 14:23
- Dr. David Anders’ website and blog
- Called to Communion radio program
- Orthodoxies in Massachusetts: Rereading American Puritanism, Janice Knight
- Imitation of Christ, Thomas a Kempis
- Henri Nouwen
- St. Thomas Aquinas on Friendship
- Dr. David Anders’ The Journey Home episode 1 | 2 | 3
- Dr. Anders’ Deep in Scripture episode “Venerating the Relics of the Saints”