Ignorance of Scripture is Ignorance of Christ - St. Jerome
The Catholic Church has always venerated the divine Scriptures, and teaches that “Sacred Scripture is the speech of God as it is put down in writing under the breath of the Holy Spirit.” She also, “forcefully and specifically exhorts all the Christian faithful to learn ‘the surpassing knowledge of Jesus Christ’ (Phil. 3.8) by frequent reading of the divine Scriptures. ‘Ignorance of the Scriptures is ignorance of Christ.’” (From the Dogmatic Constitution on Divine Revelation, nos. 9, 21, and 25)
CHNetwork’s "Deep in Scripture” program hosted by Marcus Grodi is broadcast on EWTN Radio 2 on Saturdays at 11am and Sundays at 2pm (eastern time) and the recorded program can be listened to here on our website.
A few key points for today’s discussion: 1) This is Paul’s Theodicy—i.e. his justification of the ways of God. 2) His purpose is to explain the ways of God in allowing the Gentiles to share in the Jews’ privileges of the Covenant. 3) The text never says that God predestines people to damnation. Send us […]
In this passage, Saint Paul addresses a question that nearly every Christian wonders: Why haven’t my friends and family members, or even the majority of Mankind, responded to the call of Jesus Christ? Why are they set against coming to Church? Why don’t they believe in God? Is it their ignorance? Their stubbornness? Is it […]
Marcus Grodi and Dr. Kenneth Howell take a question about Servile vs. Filial fear and continue their examination of Romans 4:13-25.
Marcus Grodi reflects on the Sunday readings for September 28, 2014
EMAIL: Dear Marcus and Ken, I regularly post comments on a discussion site which has a lot of Bible only Christians. … One of the things I notice with this group is they go to the OT a LOT and the epistles but seem to ignore the Gospels and any parts of the Epistles that don’t jive […]
"Verses I Never Saw"
Resources for Daily Devotion
Go DeeperTweets by @chnetwork
Books and Other Media from CHResources
- Christ in His Fullness – by Bruce Sullivan
- Clement of Rome and the Didache – by Kenneth Howell Ph.D.
- How Firm a Foundation – a novel by Marcus Grodi
- Ignatius Of Antioch & Polycarp Of Smyrna
- My Journey to the Land of More
- Pillar & Bulwark – a novel by Marcus Grodi
- Roots of the Reformation – by Karl Adam
- Steps to Happiness – by Marcus Grodi
- Thoughts for the Journey Home – by Marcus Grodi
- Transubstantiation: Jesus Gives Himself To Us – by Fr. Ray Ryland
- What Must I Do to Be Saved? – by Marcus Grodi