Ignorance of Scripture is Ignorance of Christ - St. Jerome
The Catholic Church has always venerated the divine Scriptures, and teaches that “Sacred Scripture is the speech of God as it is put down in writing under the breath of the Holy Spirit.” She also, “forcefully and specifically exhorts all the Christian faithful to learn ‘the surpassing knowledge of Jesus Christ’ (Phil. 3.8) by frequent reading of the divine Scriptures. ‘Ignorance of the Scriptures is ignorance of Christ.’” (From the Dogmatic Constitution on Divine Revelation, nos. 9, 21, and 25)
CHNetwork’s "Deep in Scripture” program hosted by Marcus Grodi is broadcast on EWTN Radio 2 on Saturdays at 11am and Sundays at 2pm (eastern time) and the recorded program can be listened to here on our website.
Marcus and Ken continue their discussion of Romans 3:9-31, taking a question regarding Circumcision and Baptism.
Marcus and Ken continue their discussion of Romans 2:25-29, Romans 3:1-8.
Marcus and Ken take a listener question about the feeding of the 5,000 and continue their discussion of Romans 2:6-24.
“GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD”…THAT HE NOT ONLY REVEALED HIMSELF TO MANKIND, BUT HE GAVE MANKIND THE FREEDOM TO RESPOND. Every single human being has been created in the image of God, and, through the death and resurrection of Christ, has been redeemed. Every person has within their conscience a desire for God, or as […]
As St. Paul wrote in verse 21: “So they are without excuse, for although they knew God they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking and their senseless minds were darkened.”
"Verses I Never Saw"
Resources for Daily Devotion
Go DeeperTweets by @chnetwork
Books and Other Media from CHResources
- Christ in His Fullness – by Bruce Sullivan
- Clement of Rome and the Didache – by Kenneth Howell Ph.D.
- How Firm a Foundation – a novel by Marcus Grodi
- Ignatius Of Antioch & Polycarp Of Smyrna
- My Journey to the Land of More
- Pillar & Bulwark – a novel by Marcus Grodi
- Roots of the Reformation – by Karl Adam
- Steps to Happiness – by Marcus Grodi
- Thoughts for the Journey Home – by Marcus Grodi
- Transubstantiation: Jesus Gives Himself To Us – by Fr. Ray Ryland
- What Must I Do to Be Saved? – by Marcus Grodi