Marcus Grodi invites good friend David Currie, former Fundamentalist Baptist seminarian and son of a pastor, to discuss a “Hard Verse” from the Book of Zechariah and how this verse opened his eyes to the continuity between the Old Testament and the teachings of the Catholic Church. Marcus and David also discuss briefly David’s new book Loving Baby Louie about helping children understand miscarriage and the loss of a baby.
Scripture verse: Zechariah 14: 20-21
- David Currie’s books: Born Fundamentalist, Born Again Catholic | Rapture: The End-Times Error That Leaves the Bible Behind | What Jesus Really Said about the End of the World | Loving Baby Louie: Hope in the Midst of Grief
- Thomas Howard’s Evangelical is Not Enough: Worship of God in Liturgy and Sacrament
- David Currie’s written conversion story
- David Currie’s Journey Home episodes primary episode | open line Q&A | open line Q&A, too | 4 | 5
- David Currie’s Deep in Scripture episodes “Making Decisions as a Christian, 2 Thessalonians 3: 13 & Daniel 1:8” | “The End Times, 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12” | “Matthew 24:36-42 & 25”