Deep in Scripture June 18, 2008
Today's Topic: Colossians 1: 3-8; Hebrews 10; Colossians 1: 24
Special Guest: Jim Anderson
Convert from the Lutheran and Methodist faiths, Jim Anderson is Director of Pastoral Care for The Coming Home Network International, with the primary responsibility of assisting non-Catholic clergy on their journeys home to the Catholic Church.
Contact Info: email@example.com
Marcus Grodi and Jim Anderson in this special summer format, invite listeners to call in and ask Scripture questions, such as:
- Where in the Bible does it say it is sinful not to attend Sunday Mass?
- What advice do you have for a parent of a rambunctious toddler at Mass?
- Should we take the words in the Bible literally or as myths?
- How to begin a parish mens ministry or Bible study?
- What is the Catholic Church’s teaching on Baptism?
- What does St. Paul mean by “what is lacking in the suffering of Christ”? (Col 1: 24)
This week’s recommended reading: Ignatius Catholic Study Bible: Galatians & Ephesians
Scott Hahn and Curtis Mitch present insights and inspiring commentary on the Letters to the Galatians and Ephesians in this 8th volume of the new Ignatius Study Bible series. Containing Bible study helps and tools, in addition to the Hahn-Mitch notes, they include insights from the Church Fathers, topical essays, word studies and charts, study questions, maps, and a cross-reference section.
“Once a generation a truly unique Bible tool is given to the Church. The Ignatius Study Bible is a gift for our generation. This is the most important book since the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Every parish study group and every student of Sacred Scripture should own and use this Bible.” —David Currie, Author, Born Fundamentalist, Born Again Catholic