Typology and a Visible Church: Steve Ray’s “Verses I Never Saw”
Featuring Steve Ray/
Air Date: April 30, 2008
Visible Church: Matthew 18: 17; 1 Timothy 3: 15; Ephesians 4: 4 & 5: 21-33; John 17. Typology: Romans 5: 14; 1 Corinthians 15; John 19: 25; 1 Kings 2: 19; Matthew 23: 2; 2 Thessalonians 2: 15; 1 corinthians 11: 2; John 20: 23.
Marcus Grodi welcomes Baptist convert Steve Ray to discuss the Bible verses Mr. Ray “never saw” as a Protestant, particularly those that deal with the topics of typology and “the visible church.”
- Footprints of God series by Steve Ray (Holy Land documentaries published by Ignatius Press)
- Upon this Rock by Steve Ray
- Crossing the Tiber by Steve Ray
- Steve Ray’s Holy Land Pilgrimages www.footprintsofgodpilgrimages.com
- Steve Ray’s conversion story
- Deep in History conference talk “Peter, the Rock, the Keys, and the Chair” Watch for Free | DVD | CD | MP3
- Steve Ray’s Deep in Scripture episodes: The Papacy episode | John 3:16 episode | The Heart of St. Paul episode | “Born Again” episode (Part 1) | “Born Again” episode (Part 2)
Steve Ray is a popular Catholic author and host on television and radio. After being Protestants for 39 years and involved with various Fundamentalist and Evangelical Protestant churches, Steve Ray and his wife, Janet, converted to the Catholic Church on Pentecost Sunday, 1994. Steve’s first book, Crossing The Tiber: Evangelical Protestants Discover the Historic Church details his intellectual and spiritual journey into Catholicism. He has also written Upon This Rock: St. Peter and the Primacy of Rome in the Scriptures and Early Church, St. John’s Gospel: A Bible Study Guide and Commentary, A Papacy Learning Guide and The Catholic Faith for Beginners: A Study of the Creeds. Steve and his wife are certified guides to the Holy Land, lead pilgrimages throughout the Israel and other biblical lands, and have produced the Holy Land DVD series, The Footprints of God: The Story of Salvation from Abraham to Augustine. His website is www.CatholicConvert.com.