Marcus welcomes his RCIA sponsor and good friend Rev. Paul Key, former Presbyterian pastor with an Evangelical background. Fr. Paul focuses on Matthew 7:21-29, in which Jesus tells the parable of the man who built his house on sand. What does it mean to call Jesus “Lord,” but have Him not know you? Marcus and Fr. Paul discuss the way in which this verse worried them as former Protestant pastors. They delve into sola Scriptura, sola fide, and sola gratia, and the Catholic understanding of the obedience of faith.
Scripture verse: Matthew 7:21-29, James 2:14-26
- Fr. Paul Key’s conversion story
- Biblical Answers to Difficult Questions by Fr. Paul Key
- Ninety-Five Reasons for Becoming or Remaining Catholic by Fr. Paul Key
- Fr. Paul Key’s The Journey Home episode
- Fr. Paul Key’s The Journey Home episode (Open Line: Q&A with the audience)
- Fr. Paul Key’s Deep in Scripture episode